Church and Organization Documents
1794 to 1844
Church and other various business and social organization documents were recorded in Deed Books A to W2 (1794-1823) and #21 to #120. These deed books are indexed in the Deed Book Indexes #1 to #4. See also Sundries Index #1. These books are available on microfilm at the following Locations:
- Recorder’s Office, 138 East Court St., downtown Cincinnati
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, Cincinnati Museum Center, 1301 Western Ave.
1844 to 1919
Organization documents were recorded in Church and Organization Books #1 to #6 and are indexed in Church and Organization Books Index #1. These books and index are available on microfilm at the following locations:
- Recorder’s Office, see above
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, see above
- Family History Centers of the LDS Church, on rental, worldwide, see the FamilySearch.org website. The FamilySearch catalog lists the books as: “Societies and churches: records of incorporation 1847-1919”
See details on our helpful reference for the Family Search Website.
Indexes and record description of Church and Organization documents at our office (PDF).
The indexes below were provided by the Hamilton County Genealogical Society website Recorder’s Office page.
|Organ. ABC||Organ. DEFG||Organ. HIJKLMNO|
|Organ. PQRS||Organ. TUVWXYZ|
1919 to 1988
Organization documents were recorded in Miscellaneous books #3 to #35. Books #3 to #29 are only indexed in the rear of each book. Books #30 to #35 have no index. These books are available on microfilm at the Recorder’s Office.
More information on organization records can be found on page 123 of this book:
Hamilton County, Ohio, Guide to Recorder’s indexes and Documents 1794-1988, by William H. Graver (2003), Little Miami Publishing, Milford Ohio.
Copies are available at the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, 800 Vine St. Cincinnati Ohio