1794 to 1844
Church and other various business and social organization documents were recorded in Deed Books A to W2 (1794-1823) and #21 to #120. These deed books are indexed in the Deed Book Indexes #1 to #4. See also Sundries Index #1. These books are available on microfilm at the following Locations:
- Recorder’s Office, 138 East Court St., downtown Cincinnati
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, Cincinnati Museum Center, 1301 Western Ave.
1844 to 1919
Organization documents were recorded in Church and Organization Books #1 to #6 and are indexed in Church and Organization Books Index #1. These books and index are available on microfilm at the following locations:
- Recorder’s Office, see above
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, see above
- Family History Centers of the LDS Church, on rental, worldwide, see the FamilySearch.org website. The FamilySearch catalog lists the books as: “Societies and churches: records of incorporation 1847-1919”
The indexes below were provided by the Hamilton County Genealogical Society website.
|Organ. ABC||Organ. DEFG||Organ. HIJKLMNO|
|Organ. PQRS||Organ. TUVWXYZ|
1919 to 1988
Organization documents were recorded in Miscellaneous books #3 to #35. Books #3 to #29 are only indexed in the rear of each book. Books #30 to #35 have no index. These books are available on microfilm at the Recorder’s Office.
More information on organization records can be found on page 123 of this book:
Hamilton County, Ohio, Guide to Recorder’s indexes and Documents 1794-1988, by William H. Graver (2003), Little Miami Publishing, Milford Ohio.
Copies are available at the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, 800 Vine St. Cincinnati Ohio