Electronic Recording with the Hamilton County Recorder
Documents can now be submitted to the Hamilton County Recorder’s Office electronically instead of the conventional method of paper documents. We now have the ability to receive your documents electronically (e-filing or e-recording) through our Submitter Service Provider, Simplifile, making the process of document recording faster and more efficient than ever before.
How does it work?
- An account must be set up with our Service Provider, Simplifile. To become an e-filer, please contact Simplifile at 1-800-460-5657 or www.Simplifile.com. This web site will provide the information you need to become an e-filer.
- Recording fees and transaction fees are paid through ACH (Automated Clearing House) payments set up through Simplifile.
- The transmitted documents are checked by office staff and either recorded or rejected. Once the document is fully recorded (entered, verified and indexed), it is available to the public for viewing. The originator will receive confirmation when the document has been successfully recorded. Recording information will be electronically affixed permanently to the image. You can now print, fax, or e-mail the recorded document.
- All documents must meet the Hamilton County Recorder’s Office rules and regulations and the state of Ohio requirements. Simplifile retains a copy of our standards and policies for e-recording. If a document cannot be recorded, an immediate rejection notice is sent. The documents will be returned to the originator to be corrected and resubmitted.
- Documents presented for e-recording to the Hamilton County Recorder’s Office will be processed between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, Documents received after 3:30 p.m. will be processed the following business day. Documents transmitted when the office is closed will be processed the next business day.
- If you have questions about how e-recording works or would like more information, please contact Simplifile at 1-800-460-5657 or www.Simplifile.com.
Document types accepted for E-recording
Please click here for rules, regulations and acceptable document types that can be electronically recorded with our office.
NOTE: Conveyance documents and easements *CAN* be E-recorded. These documents that need to be processed through the Engineer’s Tax Map and Auditor’s Real Estate departments, as of February 7, 2018 can be E-recorded. For more information click this link: www.HamiltonCountyAuditor.org/transfer_policies.asp