Cemetery Lot Documents
1794 to 1859
Cemetery lots were recorded in Deed Books A to W2 (1794-1823) and #21 to #370 (1823-1877). These cemetery deeds are only available on microfilm at the following locations:
- Recorder’s Office, 138 East Court St., downtown Cincinnati
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, Cincinnati Museum Center, 1301 Western Ave.
- Family History Centers of the LDS Church, on rental, worldwide, see FamilySearch.org
1859 to 1934
Deeds recorded in Cemetery Lot Deed Books volumes #1, #2 (1859-1877) and #3 (1887-1934) and indexed in Cemetery Lots Index (1859-1934). No cemetery lots were recorded after 1934. These Deed Books and index are available on microfilm at the following locations:
- Recorder’s Office, see above
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, see above
- Family History Centers of the LDS Church, on rental, worldwide, see the FamilySearch.org website.
See details on our helpful reference for the Family Search Website.
Indexes and record description of Cemetery Lot documents at our office (PDF).
The indexes below were provided by the Hamilton County Genealogical Society website Recorder’s Office page.
|Cemetery ABC||Cemetery DEF||Cemetery G||Cemetery HIJKL|
|Cemetery MNOPQR||Cemetery S1||Cemetery S2||Cemetery TUVWXYZ|
More information on cemetery lot records can be found on page 31 of this book:
Hamilton County, Ohio, Guide to Recorder’s indexes and Documents 1794-1988, by William H. Graver (2003), Little Miami Publishing, Milford Ohio.
Copies are available at the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, 800 Vine St. Cincinnati Ohio