1794 to 1859
Cemetery lots were recorded in Deed Books A to W2 (1794-1823) and #21 to #370 (1823-1877). These cemetery deeds are only available on microfilm at the following locations:
- Recorder’s Office, 138 East Court St., downtown Cincinnati
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, Cincinnati Museum Center, 1301 Western Ave.
- Family History Centers of the LDS Church, on rental, worldwide, see FamilySearch.org
1859 to 1934
Deeds recorded in Cemetery Lot Deed Books volumes #1, #2 (1859-1877) and #3 (1887-1934) and indexed in Cemetery Lots Index (1859-1934). No cemetery lots were recorded after 1934. These Deed Books and index are available on microfilm at the following locations:
- Recorder’s Office, see above
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives, see above
- Family History Centers of the LDS Church, on rental, worldwide, see link to FamilySearch.org below.
Only the index is available online at the Hamilton County Genealogical Society website.
Or online at the FamilySearch.org website :-).
The Family Search collection covers many types of Hamilton County Records. Halfway down the FamilySearch.org website :-), below “View Images in this Collection”, click on the link which reads: “Browse through 1,5xx,xxx images”. On the next webpage is a short list of record types, for the cemetery lot index, click on “Land and property records”.
On the right side is a scroll bar which you can use to go through the list to the link listed here:
Record Type, Volume, and Year Range
Cemetery lot deed index, 1859-1934
Please note, these images are exact copies of book pages on microfilm.
More information on cemetery lot records can be found on page 31 of this book:
Hamilton County, Ohio, Guide to Recorder’s indexes and Documents 1794-1988, by William H. Graver (2003), Little Miami Publishing, Milford Ohio.
Copies are available at the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, 800 Vine St. Cincinnati Ohio