Hamilton County Recorder's Office County Recorder's Seal County Recorder's Office
Home Search
Help Contact Us

About The Recorder
- Speaker's Bureau
- Griffin Yeatman Award
Documents On File
  • Easy Reference List
  • Business Partnerships
  • Health Care Power Of
  • Liens
  • Living Wills
  • Military Discharges
  • Subdivisions
  • UCC's
    Cemetery Locations
    Additional Services
    Registered Land
    Helpful Information
    Directory For Series Books
    Contact Us / Feedback
    - Site Map
    - Frequently Asked Questions
    Replacing a Lost Military Discharge (DD Form 214)

    If you did not record your DD Form 214 at the Recorder's Office and you need a copy, you can request one by writing to the National Personnel Records Center. 

    Include the following information with your request:

    Full name
    Social Security/Service number
    Current home number and area code
    Branch of service
    Approximate dates of service
    Last unit of assignment
    Place of entry into the service
    Place of discharge
    Place of birth
    Return address
    Reason for the request
    Sign and date request with full signature - no initials

    Mail your request to:

    National Personnel Records Center
    Attention: (Your Service, e.g. Army)
    9700 Page Avenue
    St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

    For an application (Form 180) for a replacement of your DD Form 214, click here, or contact the National Personnel Records Center via the Internet by clicking here or calling them directly at:

    Air Force               314.538.4218
    Army                     314.538.4222
    Navy                     314.538.4147
    Marine                  314.538.4147
    Coast Guard         314.538.4147

    County Administration Building
    138 East Court Street
    Cincinnati, OH 45202

    Phone: (513) 946-4570
    Fax: (513) 946-4577
    Hours of operation: 8-4 Mon-Fri

    Copyright © 2009 - 2014 Hamilton County Recorder's Office

    Home Search
    Help Contact Us